You have no items in your shopping cart.
QUICK TIRE REPAIR WITH TIRE PLUGS & PATCHES IN CHICAGO AREA
We will plug and patch all types of tire damages: Slow leaks & punctures
Quick, easy & inexpensive puncture repair & tire plug service from experienced team
Get in touch with us & get your tire fixed today. Give us a call Now
GET 15% OF TODAY WITH THIS COUPON
Show on your phone during purchase
or press print on computer
”The smallest of punctures can lead to major problems”
A little leak can lower your tire pressure and cause it to deflate over time. Worst of all, it’s often difficult to spot the issue. You may know that something’s wrong with your tire. But the puncture may be so small that a visual inspection alone doesn’t cut it.
Our technicians can help you to solve the problem. Better yet, they’ll help you to install the tire plugs that’ll get you back out on the road and driving safely.
Tire plugs are fairly simple in nature. They’re just strings of rubber that you slot into small punctures to prevent them from leaking air. They typically come with a rubber cement adhesive, which you apply to the plug as you install it.
However, plugging a car tire isn’t as simple as pushing a rubber string into a gap. It actually requires a couple of specialized tools:
- Tire Reamer: In many cases, your puncture won’t be large enough to fit the tire plug. In this case, you have to take the seemingly counterproductive step of making the puncture larger. A tire reamer helps with this. It’s a T-shaped tool that you use to drill into the puncture to make a gap large enough to fit the rubber string.
- Tire Plugger: You can’t force your rubber string into the tire, even when you’ve created a hole large enough to fit it. The rubber is too flexible. A tire plugger keeps the rubber rigid and allows you to slot the string into the hole. Moreover, it helps you to apply the adhesive that the plug needs to stay in place.
How can we help you with plugging a tire?
We take all of the manual work out of your hands. When you come to United Tires, we’ll carry out a full inspection of your tire. Our technicians will use several techniques to help them find the source of the leak.
Once found, we’ll apply your car tire plug using the special tools that you may not have at home. We use plugs from a variety of manufacturers, meaning we always have the plug needed to suit the make and model of your tire. With the plug installed, we inflate the tire to the correct pressure for the vehicle.
And that’s it. With your tire plugged, you can head back out on the road without having to worry about your tires causing you problems.
You may wonder why you even need tire plugs at all. The tiny punctures they repair surely can’t cause too many problems for your tires, right?
That’s not the case. Small punctures cause a range of issues, including:
- Causing the tire’s sidewall to make contact with the road, which damages the integrity of the entire tire.
- Affecting the vehicle’s handling, making it more difficult to steer at high speeds.
- Lowering tire pressure and causing more of the tire to make contact with the road. This added friction means your engine has to work harder, which requires more fuel.
Simply put, fixing a small puncture quickly saves you money in the long run.
If you need a tire plugged, the technicians at United Tires are here to help. Arrange an appointment today and we’ll get your punctured tire roadworthy again in no time.
GET 15% OF TODAY WITH THIS COUPON
Show on your phone during purchase or press print on computer